Creamy Chocolate Two-Tone Dessert
- Rich wonderful creamy and chocolate layered dessert simular to a pie, but easier!
- S. Chokle
Serves/Makes:6 (2-3 Teenagers)
- 1 3 oz (84 grm). box instant chocolate jell-o pudding, prepared as directed on package
- 1 cup (225 ml) cool whip
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped pecans
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) flour
- 1 cup (225 ml) powdered sugar
- Prepare pudding and set aside.
- Combine flour and butter and press into bottom of square pan.
- Sprinkle nuts over flour mixture and press into dough.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for about 10 minutes.
- In a seperate bowl combine powdered sugar, cool whip and cream cheese; mix well.
- Spread over cooled dough and then spread pudding over cream cheese mixture.
- Chill and cut into squares to serve.
- Note: Really good to add a layer of crushed oreo cookies between the two layers and sprinkle some on top too.