Ramp Lovers Hors D'oeuvres
- Wild Wilderness Ramps in a dip! Lovers swoon, the rest of us RUN!
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:Depends on how well it's liked
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). package philadelphia cream cheese
- 2 cups (475 ml) sour cream
- 20 ramps
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- Blanch 15 ramps including tops, cool, then chop finely.
- Whip sour cream and softened cream cheese together.
- Add cayenne pepper and salt.
- Add chopped ramps.
- Take remaining raw ramps, chop finely, and add to mixture.
- Serve with bite size pieces of French bread.
- Ramp Season is about here! YIKES! The wild strong flavor and s-m-e-l-l-s of this wild "onion-garlic-leek-whatever" vegetable makes it's crowning sprouts in the Appalachain Mountains. What a great time to visit the Appalachain Mountains for the huge Ramp Festivals of Spring!!
This recipe was found at: http://www.foodfinder.com/ramps/ramprecipes.html