- Ramps grow each spring in Appalachia; have a great wild breakfast!
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:As many as you want!
- 15 ramps
- 1 lb (.5 kg). bacon
- 6 or more eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut cleaned ramps in one-inch pieces.
- Parboil in plain water.
- While ramps are boiling, fry bacon in large iron skillet to point just before it becomes crisp.
- Cut bacon in pieces.
- Drain parboiled ramps and place in hot bacon fat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste; fry until done.
- Serve garnished with boiled eggs, sliced.
- Ramps are often cooked without boiling.
- Some cooks break eggs over ramps during final seconds of cooking and stir lightly.
- Remove when eggs are done.