Breakfast Casserole with Ramps
- Probably the only tolerable Ramp Recipe for NON-Appalachians!
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:Serves 6 or more
- 1 lb (.5 kg). pork sausage (a good quality one without too much fat is best)
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups (475 ml) grated Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (475 ml) milk
- 15 ramps
- 10 potatoes, sliced
- In skillet fry sausage, stirring as it fries.
- Beat eggs, add milk and set aside.
- In large baking dish, layer potatoes, sausage and chopped ramps.
- Pour egg and milk over mixture over layers.
- Top with grated cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) until potatoes are tender.
- Check out all the Ramp Festivals in Appalachia! What a great time to visit and see all the crafters and taste those WILD Wonderful RAMPS!