Old Fashioned Banana Pudding (from scratch)
- Debbie M.
- 6-8 bananas
- box of vanilla wafers
- 2 cups (475 ml) of milk
- 3 egg yolks (save eggwhites for meringue)
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla
- 5 tbsp (70 ml). flour
- 3 egg whites (from above)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar
- Put milk,sugar,egg yolks,flour,and vanilla in pot.
- Mix well,stir constantly over medium heat until desired thickness (don't get too thick).
- Slice bananas and layer with cookies in casserole dish.
- Pour sauce over top,then mix together.
- Using the 3 egg whites saved,make meringue and place on top.
- Cook in a preheated 400 degree (200 C.) oven on bottom rack until desired browness.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Add 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar and continue to beat until desired stiffness.
- I think this is just like the one on the Nilla Wafer box.
It may be altered a little. I don't usually measure the
ingredients. I wrote this down from memory.