DoubleTree Hotel Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Crisp, chewy, flavorful, rich with a clean taste to the palate. Decadent adult cookies with coffee or to serve for special occasions!
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:24 Generous Cookies
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) butter (softened)
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) brown sugar,firmly packed
- 4 eggs
- 2-1/2 tsp (12.5 ml) vanilla
- 1 tsp (5 ml) lemon juice
- 3 cups (700 ml) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) old fashioned oatmeal, uncooked
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) ground cinnamon
- 3 cups (700 ml) semi sweet chocolate chips - Giardelli
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (200 C.).
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place the butter in a large bowl and cream lightly with an electric mixer.
- Add the sugars and beat on medium speed for about 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla and lemon juice and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, oatmeal, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Add to the creamed butter mixture and stir well to blend.
- Add chocolate chips and walnuts and stir to combine.
- Using a 1/4 cup (60 ml) measure or a 2 oz (56 grm) ice cream scoop, drop the batter on the parchment-lined pans, leaving 2-3 inches between each cookie.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.
- Remove from parchment and cool on wire racks.
- The adult gourmet version of a traditional classic cookie. Such a well developed and delicious recipe they can be served for romantic evenings to impressing the boss!