Cheyenne Mountain Chef's Salad
- Hearty and satisfying and SIMPLE main course salad with down-home panache!
- S. Chokel
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) apple jelly
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) fresh lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) garlic salt
- 6 cups (1425 ml) torn mixed salad greens
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1 cup (225 ml) grated mild cheddar cheese
- 6 z. cooked turkey, chicken, or roast beef, cut into julienne strips
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) garbanzo beans
- 1 cup (225 ml) alfalfa sprouts
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sesame seeds, toasted
- In a blender or food processor, combine jelly, oil, lemon juice, and garlic salt; chill.
- In a large salad bowl, combine remaining ingredients with dressing; toss lightly.
- Serve with a fresh crusty chewy fragrant french bread and a glass of a chilled white wine!