- Wonderful little cakes that have appeal to adults and kids alike.
- S. Chokel
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/3 cups (325 ml) self-rising flour
- Chocolate Icing:
- 2 cups (475 ml) powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) boiling water
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) vanilla
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) cocoa
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) shredded coconut
- Heat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Grease square bake pan.
- Cream butter and sugar in large mix bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in vanilla and eggs, one at a time, beating the batter after each addition.
- Fold in flour and milk, alternating portions of each ingredient and continuing to mix well until thoroughly combined.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes in pan, then turn onto rack and let cool completely.
- Slice into squares.
- Chocolate Icing Directions and Assemby Instructions:
- Sift powdered sugar into medium mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine boiling water with vanilla and cocoa.
- Add the blended cocoa mixture to the powdered sugar and mix well.
- Ice squares on all sides & roll in coconut. Let dry on rack.
- These might be the best import from Australia! Try serving them for buffet Easter Dinners or for special after dinner dessert with coffee and friends.
These are a favorite of kids for everyday snacking, so be careful or they will simply fly away!