- Rich and tangy sweet lemon squares. Our family uses fresh Arizona lemons for best results!
- S. Chokel
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) powdered sugar
- 2 sticks butter (you can use 1/2 margarine)
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) powdered sugar
- 2 medium whole lemons, quartered and seeded.
- 2 cups (475 ml) granulated sugar, separated
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- powdered sugar
- Blend the flour, powdered sugar, butter, and salt in a food processor or a mixing bowl with an electric mixer.
- Spread in a 9 inch x 13 inch cake pan and bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for no more than 20 minutes.
- Place the eggs, 1 cup (225 ml) powdered sugar, 1 cup (225 ml) granulated sugar, and lemons in a blender; blend it all together, lemon peels and all, until it is all mushed.
- Then, add to the blender add the next 1 cup (225 ml) of sugar, the flour and the baking powder and blend well.
- Lasly, take the mixture out of the blender and pour over the crust and bake for another 20 to 30 minutes at 350 degrees (175 C.).
- After removing from the oven, let it cool and sprinkle powdered sugar.
- 1 Cup (225 ml) of Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 Cup (60 ml) of Flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) of Baking Powder
- This is so easy, anyone can make them. Basically, you make the crust and soft bake it, and then you stick everything into a blender, pour it, bake it, and that is it!
Options: Use freshly picked oranges, limes, or grapefruits too! (Use only 1/2 of the grapefruit peel and try to take the pith off).