Chewy Jumbo Peanut Butter Cookies
- Delicious and nutritious jumbo cookies for special treats.
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:3 Dozen JUMBO cookies.
- 2 cups (475 ml) sugar
- 2 cups (475 ml) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) butter or margarine, softened
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). jar Smucker's Natural Chunky, Laura Scudder's Old Fashioned Nutty, or Adams 100% Natural Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 4 eggs (I use Jumbo)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) milk
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla
- 3 cups (700 ml) all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking soda
- 2 cups (475 ml) rolled oats
- 2 cups (475 ml) flaked coconut
- Heat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Beat sugar, brown sugar, butter and peanut butter in large mixing bowl until creamy.
- Add eggs; beat until well mixed.
- Add milk and vanilla; mix well.
- Transfer mixture to very large bowl.
- Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to peanut butter mixture; stir until well mixed.
- Add rolled oats and coconut; mix well.
- Drop 1/4 cup (60 ml) dough onto cookie sheets.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let stand 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Note: Smaller cookies can be made using 1 tablespoon of dough. Bake cookies 10 to 12 minutes.
This recipe will make 10 dozen (2 inch) cookies. It also will make 3 dozen jumbo cookies.