- 3 cups (700 ml) thinly sliced yellow onions
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) butter or margarine
- 1 cup (225 ml) thinly sliced green onions
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 package Hidden Valley ranch dressing mix
- 1 9-inch deep dished pastry shell (baked and cooled)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- In a medium skillet, saute yellow onions in butter, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Add green onions and cook 5 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl, whip eggs until frothy.
- Whisk in cream, Parmesan cheese, pepper sauce and salad dressing mix.
- Stir in onion mixture.
- Pour egg and onion mixture into baked and cooled pastry shell.
- Bake until top is browned and knife inserted in center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes before slicing.