Chocolate Kahlua Cheesecake
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) melted butter
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) sugar
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) semi-sweet chocolate chips/chunks, divided
- 1 cup (225 ml) whipping cream
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Kahlua
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Kahlua
- 24 oz (672 grm). cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) cocoa
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) powdered sugar
- Mix crumbs, butter, and sugar.
- Press onto bottom and up the sides part way of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Freeze 5 minutes, then bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for ten minutes and allow to cool.
- Heat in a bowl or pan over boiling water 1/2 cup (125 ml) chocolate chunks until melted and smooth.
- Add 1/4 cup (60 ml) whipping cream and 1/4 cup (60 ml) Kahlua and stir until blended.
- In another bowl, beat cream cheese, cocoa and sugar until fluffy.
- Add first mixture to the second and blend well.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition, and add vanilla.
- Pour over prepared crust and bake 10 minutes at 400 degrees (200 C.).
- Decrease to 275 degrees (125 C.) and bake another 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven to cool; loosen cake from rim of pan and remove.
- Melt remaining chocolate.
- Then add 1/4 cup (60 ml) whipping cream and the 2 tbsp (30 ml) Kahlua, mixing well.
- Spread on top of cake and refrigerate six or so hours.
- Before serving, beat remaining whipping cream with the powdered sugar and garnish cake by piping it on and decorating with a few remaining chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate leftovers.