The REAL Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookie
- I have never tried these, sent to me from a friend I TRUST.. who said, "They ROCK!".
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:1 Dozen LARGE cookies
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup (225 ml) brown sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) granulated sugar
- 1 egg (jumbo)
- 2 teaspooon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) flour
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) instant espresso powder, slightly crushed
- 8 oz (224 grm). semi-sweet chocolate chips (Quailty is important)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (200 C.).
- Cream the butter with the sugars until fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and the vanilla extract.
- Combine the dry ingredients and beat into the butter mixture.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop by large spoonfuls on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees (200 C.) for 8-10 minutes, or 10-12 minutes for a crispier cookie.
- As I stated in the description, I haven't baked these or even tasted them before. My friend who sent me this recipe is a stellar baker and swears this is the best Chocolate Chip cookie she has made or eaten in her life. That, and the description made this recipe look like a winner to me! So, I am sharing with all of you!