- A working woman's favorite. Economical, satisfying, richly flavored, nutritious, and kids of all ages will eat it. Made in a crockpot.
- S. Chokel
- 3 lbs (1.4 kg). chicken, cut up
- 2 quarts (1900 ml) water or chicken stock
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups (475 ml) cubed cooked ham
- 3 potatoes, diced
- 2 16 oz (448 grm). cans whole tomatoes, smooshed up in your hands or cut up
- 10 oz (280 grm). package frozen lima beans, thawed
- 10 oz (280 grm). package frozen whole kernel corn, partially thawed
- 2 tsp (10 ml) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sugar
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) seasoned salt
- Combine chicken with water (or stock), onion, ham, and potatoes in the crockpot.
- Cook covered on LOW for 4 to 5 hours or until chicken is done.
- Carefully lift chicken out of pot; remove meat from bones.
- When done, return the chicken meat to the pot.
- Add tomatoes, beans, corn, salt, seasoned salt, sugar and pepper.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 1 hour.
- This is so good with a simple Bisquick Biscuit and honey butter or butter and your favorite jam.