- SIMPLE, EASY, ECONOMICAL.. the BEST Chicken Stew for busy cooks.
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:8 or more
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). chicken breasts, skined and boned, cut in 1" cubes
- 2 cups (475 ml) fat-free chicken broth
- 3 cups (700 ml) potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup (225 ml) onion, chopped
- 1 cup (225 ml) celery, sliced
- 1 cup (225 ml) carrots, sliced thin
- 1 tsp (5 ml) paprika
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) rubbed sage
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dried thyme
- 6 oz (168 grm). no-salt-added tomato paste
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cold water
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) cornstarch
- In a slow cooker crock pot, combine together the chicken cut in 1" cubes, chicken broth, potatoes, onions, celery, carrots, paprika, pepper, sage, thyme, and tomato paste.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours.
- After the 4 hours, mix water and cornstarch until smooth; stir into stew.
- Cook, covered, 30 minutes more or until the vegetables are tender.
- This is our favorite recipe for crock pot chicken stew.