- Chip Chips are samll mollusks or shell fish
- S. Chokel
- 4 cups (950 ml) chip chip
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 cups (1425 ml) water
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). potatoes (or eddoes)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 limes
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) tomato ketchup
- a sprig of thyme
- Remove sand from chip chips by washing thoroughly.
- Then wash them with lime juice and pour boiling over then to scald them.
- Drain and place them in 6 cups (1425 ml) of water and cook them for 15 minutes.
- Strain off the liquid saving it to use as the stock, add the seasonings and sliced potaotes.
- When the potatoes are cooked, strain the mixture through a seive and add the cooked chip chips, having removed the shells.
- Mix in the butter and ketchup last and gently reheat before serving.
- I have never had this dish, but I have a friend who lived in the Carribean and she gave me this one to share with you.