Kel and Brit's Steak and Potatoe Cassarole
- A quick and pleasing meal for the mother's like ours who don't have time to cook all day!
- Our HUNGRY minds
- 1 lb (.5 kg). round steak (more or less depending on how many are being fed--this is enough for three light eaters.)
- 5 potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup (225 ml) A-1 steak sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Dale's steak sauce (optional)
- 1 cup (225 ml) melted butter
- 1 large Reynold's oven bag
- 1 onion, sliced
- Begin by defrosting the round steak and pre-heating the oven to 375 degrees (200 C.).
- While meat is defrosting, peel potatoes and slice into small squares.
- When meat is done defrosting, mix A1 and Dale's steak sauce (if desired)into a small bowl.
- Put each slice of meat into marinade one at a time making sure that whole slice is covered in the marinade.
- Place each marinated slice into Reynold's oven bag.
- Melt butter in a different small bowl.
- Be sure not to dump the meat marinade sauce.
- Drop each slice of potato into the butter as much as will fit into the bowl.
- Allow potato slices to soak for 30 seconds to a minute.
- When done, drop potato slices into steak marinade.
- Leave for 30 seconds to a minute.
- When done put potatoes in bag with meat and pour melted butter and marinade into the bag with it and a few sliced onions for added flavor.
- Tie bag closed.
- Cut 4 slits in top of bag.
- Set on pan and put it in the oven for 45 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- Enjoy with garlic bread!
- We got bored this afternoon and decided to make a meal. We looked through all of our cookbooks, but found nothing we could make with what we had. So, we put our heads together and decided to throw this together. We waited in anxious anticipation and surprisingly it turned out to die for! Hopefully this will help! By the way, we are twelve and we did this all by ourselves!