- Light, tender and delicious apple flavor. EASY mix, cook, and clean-up! Super simple recipe with great results!
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:6 average pancakes
- 1 jumbo egg
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) soft butter
- 1 medium apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 cup (225 ml) evaporated milk
- 1 cup (225 ml) pancake mix (We are Krusteze users, but any will do)
- In your food processor (or a blender will work), put the egg, sugar, butter, apple chunks, and milk.
- Process or blend until it is well mixed up.
- Add the pancake mix and combine it, don't over-process (or blend) it at this point.
- Drop pancake size of your choice on a hot griddle or a hot skillet as you would normally do.
- Flip them once to keep them from drying out.
- Serve as you like.
- We enjoy these pancakes with maple syrup and butters.. or a choice of the following toppings:
1. Cinnamon spiked pure maple syrup and loads of butter.
2. Whipped cream and fresh apples fried in butter with a tad of brown sugar.
3. Raisin and walnut sauce and whipped cream.
4. Brandied maple syrup.
5. My kids especially like these served with Vanilla Ice Cream and caramel sauce. Sooooooo sweet it will make your teeth itch! But a good way to sneak a caramel apple past mom and dad in the morning!