- Taste of Home magazine, Dec./Jan. 1996
- 5 cups (1175 ml) torn fresh spinach
- 3 cups (700 ml) torn lettuce
- 2 cups (475 ml) cooked turkey, cubed
- 2 slices red onion, separated into rings
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) mandarin oranges, sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) pineapple chunks
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) raspberry syrup
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) honey
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) celery seed
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) flaked coconut, toasted
- Line a large salad bowl with spinach and lettuce.
- Combine the next six ingredients; spoon into bowl.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine oil, syrup, vinegar, honey and celery seed; shake well.
- Pour over the salad.
- Top with almonds and coconut.
- Serve immediately.