Annie's Oatmeal-Banana Cookies
Serves/Makes:4 dozen cookies
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) shortening
- 1 tsp (5 ml). cinnamon
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) oatmeal
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) flour
- 1 cup (225 ml) mashed bananas
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). baking soda
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) raisins or nuts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (200 C.).
- Combine all ingredients, beat until thouroughly blended.
- Drop by rounded tspfuls about 1-1/2 inches apart onto greased baking sheet.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes.
- This recipe is my mom's. She makes these cookies alot. Just wanted to share the love she puts in them with you all. She is the best just like her cookies.