Pampered Chef "Taco Ring"
- 1/2 lb (.2 kg). ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 1.25 oz (35 grm) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup (225 ml) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) water
- 2 8 oz (224 grm). pkgs. refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 1 med. green bell pepper
- 1/2 head lettuce, shredded
- 1 med. tomato, cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) whole pitted black olives, sliced
- 1 cup (225 ml) salsa
- sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (200 C.).
- Combine meat, seasoning mix, cheese and water in 2 qt. batter bowl.
- Arrange crescent triangles in a circle on a 13" round baking stone, with bases overlapping in center and points to outside (there should be a five inch diameter circle in center).
- Using medium stainless steel scoop (approx. 2 T) spoon meat mixture over rolls.
- Fold points of triangles over filling and tuck under base at center (filling will not be completely covered).
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Using V-shaped cutter, cut off top of bell pepper.
- Place bell pepper in center of ring; fill with salsa.
- Mound lettuce, onion, tomato and olives around pepper.
- Using easy accent decorator, garnish with sour cream.
- Cut and serve.