- Teresa Johnson
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 3 lbs (1.4 kg). or more potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) or more butter
- 2 cups (475 ml) milk or cream
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Dijon style mustard
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). paprika
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) grated Parmesan cheese
- Place alternating layers of potatoes and onions in a greased baking dish.
- Dot each layer with butter.
- Combine the milk or cream, salt, pepper, mustard, and paprika in a saucepan and heat until almost boiling.
- Pour the milk mixture over the potatoes and top with the grated cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree (175 C.) oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until the potatoes are tender.