- Potato candy
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) mashed potatoes
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 3-1/2 cups (825 ml) sifted confectioner's sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1 cup (225 ml) shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter
- Put potaoes in large bowl(one can use instant potatoes to make 1/4 cup).
- Add salt, sugar, vanilla, coconut and butter.
- Mix well.
- Knead several minutes, adding more sugar, if necessary, to make a stiff dough.
- Tear off a tsp of dough and form into a small log shape.
- Roll in cinnamon.
- Lay on wax paper for 1 hour to dry.
- Store in air tight container.
- My mother has made these for the last sixty years but I have no idea where the recipe came from.