- This is a "tastes like" Wendy's chili & it really does taste like it!
- CopyKat.com Copy Cat Recipe Creations
Serves/Makes:10 or so
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). lean ground beef
- 1 quart (950 ml) tomato juice
- 1 29 oz (812 grm). can tomato puree
- 1 15 oz (420 grm). can red beans, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) diced celery (optional)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) diced green bell pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) chili powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cumin
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) garlic powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) black pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) oregano
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) sugar
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) cayenne pepper
- In a frying pan, brown the ground beef; drain.
- Put the drained beef and the remaining ingredients into a 6-quart pot.
- Cover the pot; let it simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, stirring every 15 minutes.
- For stronger flavor, add more cumin.
- The cayenne pepper is what makes it HOT! You can use more if you want hotter chili, but be careful as a little of this goes a really long, long way. (I don't even put it in my chili). The cumin gives it that "taco" flavor. The recipe called for celery, but I didn't have any and I couldn't tell the difference between this and the real Wendy's chili.