Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1 head (1 pound) Romaine lettuce washed, drained, and torn into bit-size pieces.
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 ml). red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 ml). anchovy paste
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). coarsely ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) grated parmesan cheese
- Place lettuce in large salad bowl.
- In small mixing bowl, combine mayo, lemon juice, garlic, anchovy paste, worcestershire sauce, vinegar, mustard, and pepper till blended well.
- Whisk in the olive oil.
- Pour dressing over lettuce and toss well.
- Add croutons and cheese and toss again.
- Season to taste with salt, and maybe more pepper.
- This recipe omits the original coddled or raw eggs but
I don't think you'll miss them. It taste just as great as the original Caesar salad recipe.