- This is from the cookbook published by the Methodist Church women of Delphi, Indiana, more than a half century ago.
- Celia Snyder- Champaign County Coordinator
Serves/Makes:about 2 cups
- 1 cup (225 ml) mashed potato (can be made from instant potatoes)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) warm water, 105-115 degrees
- Stir together in a quart glass jar, cover with a cloth and leave in a warm place (80-85 degrees) for two days or until it ferments, bubbles up, and smells pleasantly sour.
- Use, or seal and refrigerate.
- Easy to keep on hand and great for potato rolls or bread.