- Penne in a rose sauce with bacon.
- Matt and Dave
- 1-1/2 large yellow onions
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 10 slices bacon, diced
- 2 cups (475 ml) chopped tomatoes
- 28 oz (784 grm). can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup (225 ml) heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) vodka
- 3/4 pound penne pasta
- Cook and drain the penne pasta.
- Set aside.
- In a pan or skillet, saute thinly sliced onions, crushed garlic and bacon.
- Add diced tomato and deglaze (cook until alcohol has evaporated) with vodka.
- Add crushed tomatoes and cream.
- Reduce heat until thickened and season with salt and pepper.
- Add to pasta, toss and serve.