- These are a cheesy spinach stuffed "shroom" that are great for luncheons or cocktails. Or, a NFL Sunday!
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:24 individual mushrooms.
- 24 mushrooms, larger button available in all produce sections
- 1 lb (.5 kg). fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 oz (112 grm). crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (200 C.).
- Clean mushrooms and remove the stems.
- Blanch the spinach, drain it, and chop it coarsely.
- Combine the spinach, parmesan cheese, feta cheese, green onion, and parsley and blend well.
- Fill the mushroom caps with the spinach cheese mixture.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees (200 C.).
- Serve as you like with cocktails or a luncheon entree.
- Hint: You can make the cheesey spinach filling up to a month prior to making the "shroooms". Make the mixture, and roll them into walnut size balls and freeze them. When you have the mushrooms, take the desired amount of filling balls and stick them in the mushroom cap. Place them immediately into the oven and bake for about 15 minutes, not the 10 and they are wonderful! An easy way to make as many as you need quickly and save filling for future use.