- Could be right out of a Tuscan Kitchen; hearty and rich in flavor with an elegance of something special!
- S. Chokel
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter (no substitution)
- 2 cans or a pint of minced clams, drained and liquid reserved
- 2 small cloves garlic, put through a press
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) chopped parsley
- 1 small or about 1/2 of a medium onion, minced
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) sweet basil (oregano can be substituted)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 to 1 pound of linguine pasta (spaghetti or other pasta shapes can be used too)
- Parmesan cheese curls or grated for garnish
- Lots of Foccasia or French baguette bread to sop up sauce.
- Put the oil, butter, pressed garlic cloves, salt and pepper in pan and cook until golden.
- Add sweet basil, drained clams and a little of the clam juice.
- Steam for 5 minutes covered on low heat.
- Pour over 3/4 to 1 pound of cooked linguine on one pretty serving platter or on individual plates with divided pasta.
- Sprinkle with parmeson cheese curls or grated cheese.
- This is a creative recipe in many ways. Often times, depending on mood, I will add 1/8 to 1/4 cup of a good white wine. I will increase the ingredients and add shrimp for a really special meal.
I recommend bibs! This can be a fun and joyful meal!