Wiki Wiki Corn Oyster Casserole
- A super simple and wonderfully delicious dish for Lent or anytime you want a simple entree to have with a green salad.
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1/4 lb (.1 kg). butter, melted
- 1 can cream style corn
- 1 can whole kernel corn
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 16 soda crackers, crushed
- 4 jumbo or 5 large eggs, well beaten
- 1 12 oz (336 grm). can (or a pint of fresh) oysters, chopped with brine
- salt and pepper, to taste
- cayenne pepper, optional to taste
- Mix all ingredients together in a large deep mixing bowl at one time.
- Pour into a large deep greased casserole ovenproof dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) until firm, about 45 minutes or so.
- We like this with a green salad and a crumbled blue cheese on a sweetened oil and vinegar dressing.
This recipe was given to me in 1987, from a patron of Quinn's at Kailua Kona, Hawaii after a night of slammers. He claimed to be a ship's captain for a famous person and it was that person's favorite. I have no idea if that is true or not, but the recipe is the best oyster casserole I have ever had!!