- easy dessert
- 1 can drained pineapple tidbits
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- butter or margerine
- Place pineapple in cake pan (Not a round one or loaf pan).
- Cover with cherry pie filling.
- Sprinkle with yellow cake mix.
- Place pats of butter/margerine equally over the top on cake mix.
- Bake in 350 degree (175 C.) oven until butter is melted and the cake mix is browned.
- I got this little goodie almost 20 years ago from another Army wife. I usually use Jiffy yellow cake mix. Any pie filling will work. I found cherry to be the best though. You can put the cherry pie filling in first then the pineapple. Use a spoon to dish it out and add a little whipped cream for a really scrumptious taste.