- A starter good for any sourdough recipe. Makes 1 cup starter every 3 days.
- Mary Ann
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) instant potatoes
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) warm water
- 2-1/4 tsp (10 ml) active dry yeast
- Combine instant potatoes, sugar, water, and yeast in a covered container(I prefer glass).
- Let the starter sit on a counter for 5 days, stirring daily with a wooden spoon.
- In the morning of the 5th day, feed the starter with 3 tbsp (45 ml) instant potatoes, 3 tsp (15 ml) sugar, and 1 cup (225 ml) warm water.
- Place the remaining starter in the refrigerator to rest. Feed the starter every 3 days, using this procedure.
- This can be used in any recipe that calls for sourdough starter.