- yumyum recipes
- 1 lb (.5 kg). potatoes (about 2 medium-sized)
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) water
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped onion
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) bacon drippings
- 1 12 oz (336 grm). can corned beef OR 2 cups cooked corned beef
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). can diced beets, drained OR 1 cup (225 ml) cooked diced beets
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) milk
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Peel and dice potatoes into 1/2" cubes.
- Place in a 4 cups (950 ml) glass measure;add water.
- Cover with plastic wrap,venting spout area.
- Microwave on high 6 to 7 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Place onion and bacon drippings in a 2 quarts (1900 ml) casserole.
- Cover with lid or plastic wrap and microwave on high 2 to 3 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Stir in potatoes,corned beef,beets,milk and parsley.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Microwave on high 3 minutes or to desired temperature.
- If desired,mixture may be browned in a skillet on conventional range top in lieu of final reheating in microwave.