Serves/Makes:2 1/2 cups
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 2 tsp (10 ml). ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). ground cloves
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) walnut halves (or pecan halves)
- Combine sugar, salt, and spices in a heavy saucepan.
- Stir in 1/2 cup (125 ml) water.
- Cook stirring constantly, over medium heat until sugar dissolves and reaches softball stage.
- Remove from heat and stir in walnuts (pecans).
- Stir until mixture becomes creamy.
- Spread on waxpaper.
- Separate nuts with a fork.
- These are addictive eat with caution!