- A savory favorite
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 6 small mushrooms, sliced
- 4 small desiree potatoes, unpeeled
- 1 coral lettuce
- 1 white onion, sliced into thin crescents
- 8 tbsp (125 ml). dill, coarsely chopped
- 5 tbsp (70 ml). chives, coarsely chopped
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). mild wholegrain mustard
- 1 cup (225 ml) rocket
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) light olive oil
- 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml). tarragon vinegar
- Place the unpeeled potatoes in a medium pot and cover with water. Bring to the boil and cook slowly.
- Meanwhile, cut the stems from the rocket and place into a salad bowl.
- Tear the leaves from the lettuce and add to the bowl.
- Slice the mushrooms and the onion. Add to the salad mixture.
- Coarsely chop the dill and chives. Add to the salad mixture.
- Combine the olive oil, vinegar and mustard in a glass. Stir thoroughly and drizzle over the salad mixture.
- When the potatoes are cooked, slice into 1cm-thick cross-sections. Add to the salad mixture.
- Season with salt and ground pepper. Toss to combine.
- This recipe comes from a contributor in Australia. Perhaps he will email us to let us know what coral lettuce, desiree potatoes and rocket are.
This is truly a world wide web site!