Serves/Makes:6 or more thick pancakes
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) sifted flour
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sugar
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) melted shortening or oil
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- Sift flour with bakng powder, sugar and salt.
- Combine egg, milk, and shortening or oil.
- Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until flour is moistened.
- Batter will be lumpy.
- Bake on slightly greased griddle.
- This recipe is so user friendly...it works well adding other ingredients ie., oatmeal, raisins, diced apples, and nuts. I usually add more milk to thin out some ---the pancakes by the recipe are thick but wonderful. They also freeze well if you double the batch and if there are any left!