- Mexican hors d'ouvres(snacks)
- John Dutton
- 2 dozen corn tortillas (yellow, if you can find them)
- 1 lb (.5 kg). leftover roast beef, roast pork, chicken or turkey (more or less)
- vegetable oil for frying
- sour cream
- Using tongs, dip tortillas in hot oil to soften.
- Drain on paper and let cool to handle.
- Place about 1 oz (28 grm). of meat across center of tortilla, roll tight and secure with toothpick.
- Using tongs, place in deep fryer or pan with oil and hold several seconds until set and won't unroll.
- Repeat to capacity of fryer noting which ones were put in first.
- Remove in opposite order when hard but not burnt.
- Serve with bowls of guacamole, salsa and sour cream. Dip,eat and enjoy. Great for football games.