- Very light and sweet
- Suzanne M.
Serves/Makes:Frosts one cake
- 1 cup (225 ml) shortening (such as Crisco)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) milk
- 7-1/2 tbsp (100 ml) flour
- 3 cups (700 ml) powdered sugar
- flavoring to taste
- Whip together shortening and butter.
- Add milk, flour and powdered sugar.
- Continue to whip for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Choice of flavoring-vanilla, almond extract, maraschino cherry juice, etc. My friend gave me this recipe years ago and I never have made a better whipped icing, including the recipes that include cooking.