- From Debbie's mom's WWll cookbook
- Weird recipes(Debbie)
- 3 crows
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lard/shortening
- 1 pint stock or gravy
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) cream
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) mushrooms
- salt and pepper
- cayenne pepper
- Clean and cut crows into small portions.
- Let them cook a short time in the lard/shortening in a saucepan, being careful not to brown them.
- Next, add to the contents of the pan, the stock or gravy, and salt, pepper and cayenne to taste.
- Simmer 1 hour, or until tender, add mushrooms, simmer 10 minutes more and then stir in cream.
- Arrange the mushrooms around the crows on a hot platter.