- From Debbie's Mom's WWll cookbook
- Weird and Different recipes (Debbie)
- 1 crow
- stuffing of your choice
- salt and pepper
- 2 pie crust mixes
- 2 to 3 hard-boiled eggs
- Stuff the crow.
- Loosen joints with a knife but do not cut through.
- Simmer the crow in a stew-pan, with enough water to cover, until nearly tender, then season with salt and pepper.
- Remove meat from bones and set aside.
- Prepare pie crusts as directed (Do not bake).
- Make a medium thick gravy with flour, shortening, and juices in which the crow has cooked and let cool.
- Line a pie plate with pie crust and line with slices of hard-boiled egg.
- Place crow meat on top.
- Pour gravy over the crow.
- Place second pie dough crust over top.
- Bake at 450 degrees (225 C.) for 1/2 hour.