- I think I got this recipe from a box of Rice a roni
- Martha Purdy
- 1 6.9 oz (193.2 grm). pkg. RICE-A-RONI Chicken flavor
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) margarine or butter
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dried basil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups (475 ml) broccoli florets
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 cup (225 ml) shredded mozarella cheese
- Saute rice-vermicelli mix with margarine in large skillet on medium heat until vermicelli is golden brown.
- Add 2 cups (475 ml) water, special seasonings packet and basil.
- Bring to a boil on high heat.
- Place chicken on rice.
- Cover; reduce heat to low.
- Simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in broccoli and tomato.
- Cover; simmer 10 minutes or until rice is tender and chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover; let stand 3 minutes.