"Cheesecake Factory" Key Lime Cheesecake
- The richly decadent sweet and tart of Key Limes in a creamy mouth watering cheesecake. Forget the pie, grab this instead!!
- S. Chokel
- 1-3/4 cups (425 ml) graham cracker crumbs
- 5 tbsp (70 ml) butter, melted
- 1 cup (225 ml) plus 1 tbsp (15 ml) granulated sugar
- 3 8 oz (224 grm). packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) fresh or bottled key lime juice (If using fresh green limes or juice, use 1/2 Cup).
- 3 whole jumbo eggs (or 4 large eggs)
- Garnish: sweetened whipped cream
- Optional garnish: candied lime peel julienned strips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Combine crumbs, butter and 1 tbsp (15 ml) sugar in a bowl.
- Stir well to coat all crumbs.
- Press the crumbs onto the bottom and about half way up the sides of an 8" springform pan.
- Bake crust for 5 minutes and set aside.
- In large deep mixing bowl combine cream cheese, 1 cup (225 ml) sugar and the vanilla; beat until smooth.
- Add key lime juice and eggs and continue to beat until smooth and creamy.
- Pour filling onto baked crust.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes.
- If top turns light brown, it's done.
- Remove from the oven and cool until it reaches room temperature.
- Place in the fridgerator to chill.
- When chilled, remove the springform pan sides and cut.
- Serve with sweetened whipped cream and the lime strips is used.
- Hint: To avoid cheesecakes from having their tops crack while baking, it is useful to put a pan of hot water, like a 9 x 13 cake pan in the oven under the springform pan.
Note: This recipe was sent to me by a friend with a big encouragement to try it out and think about it for our family Easter Dinner. It is the best mouth experience we have had. It will be a standard dessert around here forever!