- Sara K.
- 4 fresh haddock fillets
- 1/4 lb (.1 kg). bacon, diced
- 4 shallots, minced
- 1 bunch spinach, washed, dried and chopped
- 4 slices stale white bread
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 oz (56 grm). sliced almonds
- salt, pepper, chopped basil, sage, parsley, and chives
- 1 cup (225 ml) dry white wine
- Saute the shallots and bacon.
- Add spinach and cook until wilted.
- Break the bread into a mixture of the milk and eggs.
- Add to the spinach mixture, season and stir in the herbs and almonds.
- Lay two of the filets in a lightly greased baking pan.
- Cover with the stuffing and top each with a second filet.
- Pour the wine over and bake at about 325 degrees (175 C.), basting with the wine frequently until the fish is golden brown, about 45 minutes.
- Serve with boiled potatoes and a green vegetable, with pan juices on the side.