- A bundt style cake that is rich in flavor and wonderful moist texture. Great with tea or on banquet table. EASY and ELEGANT!
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:10 or more slices
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 3 oz (84 grm). package butterscotch instant pudding
- 3 jumbo eggs, or 4 large, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (225 ml) cooking oil (canola, corn or vegetable best)
- 1 cup (225 ml) sherry wine (not cooking wine, the real thing)
- 1 oz (28 grm). poppy seeds
- powdered sugar for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Grease and flour a bundt or tube pan.
- In a large deep mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients together and beat on a medium speed for 5 minutes.
- Pour into greased and floured bundt (or tube) pan.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes.
- Remove from oven when a toothpick comes clean, and cool.
- Leave plain or sprinkle with powdered sugar when cooled.
- I have made this cake substituting Frangelico and Vanilla pudding and added a chocolate glaze and hazelnuts to decorate the top.
This is a really wonderful cake and so very easy and quick to have ready for dinner within just 2 hours.