Lemon Orange Roughy and Spicy Broccoli
- a very tasty fish dish that is low in calories, and quick to prepare
- Jack Fox
Serves/Makes:2 or more
- 1 lb (.5 kg). Orange Roughy or Tilapia (approximately 3 filets)
- 3 large broccoli heads
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). coarse chopped fresh parsley
- 1 hot fresh red pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). butter or margarine, melted
- spray olive oil
- 1 cup (225 ml) water
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees (225 C.).
- Prepare 8 inch X 11 inch baking dish by spraying a light coat of olive oil on bottom surface.
- Thaw fish, and fold thin parts so that the fish is equal thickness, about 1/2 inch.
- Lay fish in baking dish in one layer.
- Mix lemon juice, salt, parsley, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Spread mix over fish and set aside, momentarily.
- Using a 4-quart saucepan and steamer strainer, add water to just below strainer level, and bring to boil.
- At the same time, place fish in oven and cook for approximately 15 minutes, or until flaky and white.
- Cut up broccoli into stem pieces (about 1 1/2 inch X 1/2 inch), and large bite-size florets.
- Dice red pepper.
- Add stem pieces and red pepper to steamer.
- When stem pieces are almost il dente , add remaining broccoli.
- Melt the butter.
- When broccoli is done (not mushy), transfer to a large serving plate, and drizzle butter over it.
- Lightly salt and pepper.
- When fish is done, gently scoop out each filet, and set on top of the broccoli.
- Pour remaining juices from the baking dish over the entire plate.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
- Serves 2 or 3, and each serving is less than 250 calories. This is an excellent, and tasty diet meal that can be prepared in less than 1/2 hour.