Angel Hair Pasta With Shrimp
- Fully flavored and exciting Angel Hair, Shrimp, and Vegetable dish for a wonderful meal or heated up as leftovers is still good.
- Arizona Tart
- 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml) butter
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) milk
- 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml) pesto sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1 dash each Worcestershire and tabasco
- 1/2 red pepper, cut in strips
- 1 lb (.5 kg). jumbo shrimp
- 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml) flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) 35% cream
- 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml) chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) white pepper
- 2/3 lb (.3 kg). Capellini or other thin pasta
- 1/4 lb (.1 kg). snow peas, trimmed
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter, stir in flour and cook for a few minutes until golden.
- Add milk and cream, bring to a gentle simmer and continue to stir until thickened.
- Add pesto, parsley, garlic, parmesan, salt, pepper, Worcestershire and tabasco; stir until blended.
- Reduce heat and keep warm, stirring occasionally.
- Cook pasta quickly in a large pot of boiling water (3 to 4 minutes, or until al dente).
- At the same time, poach the pepper, snowpeas and shrimp in another pot of boiling water (2-3 minutes, or until just heated through).
- Drain the pasta, mix it with the sauce and portion it into heated individual serving bowls.
- Garnish each portion with shrimp and vegetables.
- Serve immediately.