Easy Fluffy Pancake Recipe
- The BEST according to my whole family. When my brother married, he asked his wife to use this recipe!! (She agreed, as long as he always makes them!)
- Arizona Tart
Serves/Makes:2 or more servings
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) butter, melted
- 1 cup (225 ml) all-purpose white flour
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) buttermilk
- Mix the egg and the cooled butter.
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to egg mixture.
- Stir until batter is mixed.
- Add buttermilk and stir until well mixed; the batter will be lumpy.
- Pour onto a preheated griddle.
- Cook until the bubbles burst, then turn and cook until golden brown.
- Everyone knows about putting butter and syrup on pancakes and the warmth and goodness of that. Here are some different ideas:
1. Pie Fillings such as cherry, apple or blueberry with whipped cream.
2. Make a large 6" pancake and lay a fried egg and a strip or two of bacon and roll-up.
3. Add ingredients to the pancake batter such as; Plumped hydrated raisins, apricots, cranberries, cherries or other favorite dried fruits, blueberries, chocolate chips, chopped nuts, and for a really funny pancake for kids, add Cheerio cereal!
4. Fresh fruit on top with a small dollop of sour cream or a mixtue of 1/2 sour cream and 1/2 instant vanilla pudding. Dust with powdered sugar.
5. Lay a pineapple ring down on the griddle and pour the pancake batter over it, after it comes off the griddle, use the butter and syrup and add a cherry and whipped cream for instant "Pineapple Pan Cake Cake" and lots of family cheers!