- 1 3 to 4 lbs (1.8 kg). chicken
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup (225 ml) celery, chopped
- 1 cup (225 ml) carrots, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). pepper
- 2 quarts (1900 ml) water (approximately)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) parsley
- 1 cup (225 ml) cooked noodles
- salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse chicken and place in large stockpot along with vegetables, bouillon and pepper.
- Add enough cold water to cover chicken (about 2 quarts).
- Simmer one hour, or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken.
- Discard skin, fat, bones and cartilage and reserve meat.
- Cut or shred meat as preferred and return to broth and vegetables in stockpot.
- Add remaining ingredients and heat to desired temperature.