- 3 cups (700 ml) red onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) apple juice
- 3/4 cc red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dried sage
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) pepper
- 5 cups (1175 ml) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) margarine
- 1 pouch liquid pectin
- Mix all ingredients except pectin.
- Place over high heat; bring to a full rolling boil and stir constantly.
- Skim off foam with metal spoon, remove from heat.
- Ladle into sterilized jars, then water bath process for 5 minutes.