Rice with Raisins and Pine Nuts
- Simple and elegant way to serve rice.
- S. Chokel
Serves/Makes:Serves 6 or more
- 4 tbsp (60 ml) butter
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp (5 ml) garlic, minced
- 2 cups (475 ml) white rice
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) raisins
- 3 cups (700 ml) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) pine nuts
- Melt 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter in a medium large or large saucepan.
- Add the onion and garlic, stirring until softened.
- Add rice and stir.
- Add raisins.
- Pour in chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and cover the saucepan and simmer for exactly 17 minutes.
- Add pine nuts and remaining 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter.
- Stir to fluff the rice while blending in the nuts.
- Excellent to serve with Easter or Chrismas Hams. It goes with roasted chicken and pork roasts so delightfully, that your family will want it again and again!
Easy and nutritious rice dish!